Thursday, August 28, 2008

Peruvian Adventure Intro

Hi Everyone,


Welcome to my Peruvian Adventure blog. I know there are probably about three people right now reading this, but that is three less people I have to personally send an email to explaining that, no, I am not dying of malaria, and yes, I majority am going to be in a Tour group, so no worries on me being kidnapped or lost in the Amazon. I figure, since I made it through the Middle East relatively unscathed, Peru should be a breeze. I will have about 8 days to wander around the Northern region of Peru with just Robby, my backpack and my sense of direction before meeting up with the Tour group. Pretty much, I plan to see where the wind blows me. For our Tour free 8 days, Robby and I have a basic plan to visit Trujillo and Cajarmarca, but we will probably ask the first backpackers we see if there is any interesting place we should visit that we don't know about. I find it exhilarating to just follow other people's advice and go where they were because you end up seeing some of the most amazing sights.


After Northern Peru, we will be meeting up with our Tour group for a 14 days adventure covering Lima, The Amazon, Cuzco, Puno, and La Paz. We figured that since Peru is very spread out and plane tickets to get from one side of the country to the other are expensive, we'd have a tour group set up the hotel and travel arrangements for us. Our tour takes us to most of the places we want to see anyhow and with out the hassle of finding descent hostels and dealing with the crazy taxi hagglers. So, this is just the intro to let everyone know the plan of action for Robby and myself. Please check back in about 4 days for an update on the first leg of the trip. Hopefully I will be able to add some pictures as well. Once again, thank you to everyone who is reading. I appreciate you taking the time to see what I've been up to.

PS. to all my film people out there, I will be available for work in October, so if you hear of anything, please keep me in mind. :)

No comments: